30.9.09

Decoupage Outlet Covers

My house has lately been feeling a bit boring. Then I suddenly realized it was those bothersome light switch covers. They were just dragging down my house as a whole and I decided it was time to do something about it! Haha, j.k. I got this idea off one of my favorite blogs, Mod Podge Rocks. I thought this would be a GREAT first decoupage project. I did not want to ruin anything terribly expensive. I think I did alright.

This first one to the left was made from a page from a Star Wars Comic book. I am a huge Star Wars fan and am constantly searching for snazzy ways to decorate with Star Wars memorabilia, without being obnoxious about it.

I sprayed painted the heads of the screws I used. I had a really bright cream color painted on the screws and I think the black makes them less noticeable on the designs.

This second one on the right was made from a page of The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS) pamphlet that came with the game. I love The Legend of Zelda series and I think nothing is cuter than the Windwaker/Phantom Hourglass style of the games. The plugs fit perfectly with the picture.

I used a sharp scrap booking knife to cut out the boxes for the switches. I think I found a great deal at Big Lots. $3 for the knife. It is a really nice and super sharp.


For my last plate I used a picture of a painting in an old European History book I had. This has to be my favorite of all the light switches.

For more information on how to make your own decoupaged light switches/outlet plates, or on decoupage in general visit Modge Podge Rocks


Yours in DIY Glory,
Ly

1 comment:

  1. They are great! I love them - fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete